Lamb Bulk Ordering
So you are interested in ordering a 1/2 or whole lamb? Then you've come to the right place! We will explain how it works, how much it will cost, and what the options are. You can then decide if this type of purchasing is right for you.
Note: We do not have an order form linked directly into our website at this time as our supply of lamb fluctuates and is very seasonal. If you want to order, please email, call, or facebook message us to get an idea of when the next ones will go in (majority in fall).
HOW IT WORKS
Bulk ordering allows you to get a wide variety of cuts all at once for a good price. It eliminates a lot of trips to the store or farmer's market, and you can control what you get. Don't like roasts? No problem! Love stew meat? Can do.
First you choose how big a portion you want. Our Icelandic lambs average around 50lbs hanging weight(how much the carcass hangs up in the meat locker), which is what the price is based off of. Yield of meat is around 60% of hanging weight depending on how many bone-in or boneless cuts you get. So for a half you are looking at around 30lbs of meat. One caveat to this is that if you get most of your lamb turned into boneless cuts or ground the yield will be much lower.
HOW MUCH IT COSTS
We charge $5.00/lb hanging weight plus processing costs. So for that 50lb hanging weight you would pay $250 plus processing, which is usually around $75 for a lamb. That gives you ~$325 for 30lbs of meat. This averages out to ~$10.75/lb of meat that you take home. That is a great deal considering that you are getting everything from the ground lamb which costs $8.00/lb retail all the way up to the chops which go for $18.00/lb retail!
WHAT THE OPTIONS ARE
When you decide you are ready to commit to a half or whole just let us know. We will let you know when the next time lambs are going in is and then we will call or email you back to get the details on how you would like it done. We take care of all the customer service ourselves so you don't have to talk to the butcher or go pick it up. You write one check out to us and we arrange to meet you to drop it off.
Here are the questions we will ask when you are buying in bulk:
- How many steaks and chops would you like to a package?
- Do you want your legs packaged as wholes, halves, or sliced into steaks? If you want wholes or halves, bone in or boneless?(A whole leg is usually around 4lbs)
- Would you like the racks french cut? or cut into lollipops?
- Would you like larger roasts and fewer steaks or more steaks and smaller roasts? Would you like the roasts bone in or boneless?
- Would you like shanks? Whole or cross cut?
- Would you like any organ meats? (heart, tongue, liver)
- Would you like any stew meat?
- What size packages would you like the ground products in? Options are 1lb, 1.5lb, or 2lb
- Note that while sausage products are available from lamb, there is usually not enough meat on a lamb to run a batch(min 20lbs) from one animal. As our flock gets larger those products will become more readily available.
Any other questions let us know!