Beef Bulk Ordering
So you are interested in ordering a 1/4, 1/2, or whole beef? Then you've come to the right place! We will explain how it works, how much it will cost, and what the options are. You can then decide if this type of purchasing is right for you.
Note: We do not have an order form linked directly into our website at this time as our supply of beef fluctuates. If you want to order, please email, call, or facebook message us to get an idea of when the next ones will go in.
how it works
Bulk ordering allows you to get a wide variety of cuts all at once for a good price. It eliminates a lot of trips to the store or farmer's market, and you can control what you get. Don't like roasts? No problem! Love hot dogs? Can do.
First you choose how big a portion you want. Our smaller breed cattle average around 250-300 lbs/half hanging weight(how much the carcass hangs up in the meat locker), which is what the price is based off of. Yield of meat is around 60% of hanging weight depending on how many bone-in or boneless cuts you get. So for a half you are looking at somewhere between 150 and 200lbs of meat. One caveat to this is that if you get most of your beef turned into ground or sausage the yield will be much lower.
how much it costs
We charge $3.00/lb hanging weight plus processing costs. So for that 250lb hanging half you would pay $750 plus processing, which is usually around $200 for a half that size(will fluctuate based on your choices). That gives you ~$950 for 150lbs of meat. This averages out to $6.33/lb of meat that you take home. That is a great deal considering that you are getting everything from the ground which costs $5.25/lb retail all the way up to the loin steaks which go for $17.00/lb retail!
What the options are
When you decide you are ready to commit to a half or quarter just let us know. We will let you know when the next time a beef is going in is and then we will call or email you back to get the details on how you would like it done. We take care of all the customer service ourselves so you don't have to talk to the butcher or go pick it up. You write one check out to us and we arrange to meet you to drop it off.
Here are the questions we will ask when you are buying in bulk:
- Would you like your steaks bone in(T-Bones, Porterhouses, and Rib Steaks) or bone out (NY Strips, Tenderloin Fillets, and Ribeyes)? How thick would you like them cut? (1" is normal) How many would like to a package?
- Would you like sirloin steaks and round steaks? If yes, how thick? If no, would you like them made into roasts or ground?
- How many roasts would you like? How big of roasts would you like? (Normal is 3lbs) You normally receive lots of chuck roasts, some rump roasts, a sirloin tip roast, and an arm roast. Any of these can be turned into ground.
- Would you like short ribs?
- Would you like soup bones?
- Would you like any organ meats? (heart, tongue, liver)
- Would you like any stew meat made? How many lbs?
- Would you like any sausage, brats, or snack sticks made? (Note that there are extra charges for this and there is a minimum batch size of 20lbs)
- What size packages would you like the ground in? Options are 1lb, 1.5lb, or 2lb
Any other questions let us know!