Since 2012, we have been grazing animals as a way to rehabilitate land and soil while producing a high-quality product that is raised humanely.
We believe in taking care of the land holistically, without the use of chemicals. We engage in soil-building practices such as cover cropping, green manure crops, and most importantly, rotational grazing. Our sheep and cattle receive no grain and our pigs live out their instincts, no antibiotics are used unless they're truly sick, and we use no synthetic hormones. We hope to help restore the planet, one field at a time, while providing high quality foods to our community. We are deeply concerned about the state of our environment, climate change, and agriculture, especially when it comes to soil. Our hearts ache for the millions of tons of soil and thereby food-growing potential being lost each year in the US alone, much less around the world. This also contributes greatly to water quality issues affecting the world's fisheries. We are determined to do what we can to reverse this problem. Thank you for your interest!
What We've Achieved
- 35 acres fenced in with high-tensile woven wire
- Grown our cattle herd from 8 to 30
- Added a swineherd of 6 sows and 4 boars with many pigs.
- Plant cover crops each fall to prevent erosion and fix nitrogen
- Grown our sheep flock from 4 to 70
- Increased the quality of our pasture from year to year